The Big Splash, now in its second year will take place on Saturday, February 22nd from 2-4 p.m. at the Urbana Indoor Aquatic Center. The event, which is open to the public, will feature snacks, games, and prizes.
- The Big Splash is open to the public and everyone is welcome to attend. Bring your friends, family, and neighbors. The more the merrier!
- Be sure to bring a swimsuit and towel!
- The Aquatic Center features diving boards, waterslides, water spray toys, and lap lanes.
- Admission to The Big Splash:
- $3 spectator fee
- $6 per swimmer
- Ages 4 and under are FREE!
- 2019-2020 UPD scholarship recipients are FREE!
- There are locker rooms available for swimmers. Lockers are located at the end of the hallway on the main floor of the Aquatic Center.
- If you plan to walk on the pool deck, be sure to remove your street shoes before entering the pool area. Consider packing a pair of pool shoes as an alternative to bare feet if you’d plan to walk on the pool deck.
- There are bleachers for spectators located on the second floor of the Aquatic Center.
- Snacks will be provided by the Urbana Parks Foundation, and located on the second floor of the Aquatic Center.
- Games will be presented by Park District staff and Parks Foundation trustees.
- The designated spaces for parking at the Aquatic Center are lined in BLUE. Any person who parks in spots that are not lined in blue may be towed. The other spaces in this parking lot are reserved for Urbana School District Employees. If you have any questions about where you should park, please see a Shift Manager at the facility.
- Want to learn more about the event? Watch this video from the first annual Big Splash.
About Youth Scholarships
Keeping all youth engaged with park programs is so important that the Urbana Parks Foundation and Urbana Park District have established increasing youth development resources as one of the three major emphases for the Campaign For The Next Century. Now more than ever it is important to reduce financial barriers and help youth from all families to participate in programs and services available from the Urbana Park District.
Events like The Big Splash help to raise awareness for Youth Scholarships. Donations to this program directly impact Urbana youth that participate in various sports, swim lessons, theatre, day camp, and more.
An easy way to increase your support to the Youth Scholarship Program is to round up your Big Splash entry fee or by making a donation at the event. Ask to speak to a Parks Foundation Trustee at the event for more information.
Now go grab your swimsuit and pack your pool bag and we’ll see you on February 22nd for The Big Splash.